Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Seamingly Accurate Demo at a Local Quilt Shop

I was so happy to be invited to demonstrate the Seamingly Accurate Seam Guide at Picket Fence Quilt shop, in Wichita Kansas. After the demo at the Common Threads Quilt Show, I learned to bring extra inventory. Thank goodness I did because this demo had the seam guides hopping of the shelf. In fact, I'm happy to report, I only have two left and need to re-order!

The demo was part of a holiday open house. I have to say, there was a REALLY good turn out. My portion was 1/4th of an hour long free demo/class type deal, set up in the shop classroom. We each did our presentations twice, for two separate groups of ladies. Every chair was full and there were ladies standing in the back.

This was my first time to demo the seam guide in a classroom-type setting. I've demo'd it plenty of times at shows, where people are walking past- some stopping some still walking. I was really nervous. You can't really tell in the photo above, though. Who knows what I'm saying in that shot, but I thought y'all would like to see me making the silly face.


And can I just tell you how wonderful it was to see this big display right when you walked into the shop??? LOVE IT! That quilt is the Quarter and Dime quilt pattern! It looks so lovely. Thank you for the support, Picket Fence!!!

*Thanks to my 10yr old who took all the photos for me.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: