Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I heart thrift stores


Not only do I love thrift stores for the prices, but the finds are unbelievable. I'm the type who is willing to commit to rummaging around to find the diamond in the rough. And yes, I go to the shops quite frequently. I wanted to show you some of my recent textile finds.

Man, these are great. I now have a whole section in the studio for just vintage sheets. Who knows what they will all become??? I have started buying only flat sheets or pillowcases- unless its a pattern/print that I cannot pass up, then I'll buy the fitted sheet. I mean, a fitted sheet has a little more work involved, removing the elastic and then you have sections of the sheet that you cannot use. I think fitted sheets get more wear and seem to be a bit more faded in the middle as well. Anyway, these finds are 2 flat sheets and a pillowcase and I just dig them.

I wonder if my daughter will let me make another pair of gauchos for this spring? She's starting to get quite picky with "stuff my mom made" clothing. Ah... the tweens....
Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good find! I'll have to keep my eye out for sheets. That's not something I would normally look for but it is a great idea. I'm really into wicker baskets right now and can't wait to find more!

Dena said...

Lucky you! Wish our thrift shops held hidden treasures too.

Evelyn said...

Oh, those are so pretty, and what a great combination! I have one of that pink/orange on the lower left, and it's one of my favorites. Yay for old sheets! :)

Jennadesigns said...

LOVE these! Thank you for leaving a note on my blog - your blog looks lovely too and we certainly share some similar interests! I'd love to see you make a zig zag with one of those sheets!

Bethany said...

I love thrifted sheets! I have been using an assortment to make wonky stars. I love your finds!