Saturday, December 26, 2009

Just in time-

I hope you had a lovely holiday!



I was able to just finish quilting up that stinkin' monster quilt. I wanted to show you how I quilted it. Unfortunately, its really hard to see the quilting in the photograph, though you might be able to click the picture above to enlarge it.

Here's the diagram for the quilting, on paper:

The machine quilting designs were just to practice some styles that I've seen or wanted to try. The bricks were a new one for me. Super easy to do, if you don't mind tracing over your stitching lines a small bit. This was also the first time for those "loopy bordery things" too. I used 4 different color threads on the top, rainbow variegated, yellow, orange and blue. The back of the quilt is the same wild spotty blue fabric as the outter border and binding. When I bought that fabric, I guess, I temporarily lost my mind because I have 5 yards of it. (I'm down to about 2 now, though.) The quilt finished up right at 42" square- so I didn't have to mess with building the backer fabric.

All in all, its just right for my little 4yo monster and its utilitarian enough to last through a zillion machine washings and picnics. Just in time for Christmas!
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Pange said...

(Just found this post through your flickr account!)

The free-motion quilting is amazing! I love the tiny bricks in stitches!