Monday, June 1, 2009

The Yellow Napkin

I went thriftin' today! Man, I love thriftin. ...especially when I find linens and table linens. Today I scored a lonely little yellow framed linen napkin that needed a little love.

First, I drew up a little flower to embroider on the corner. This napkin told me it needed a flower, and who was I to argue?

I took the time to draft up that flower in illustrator for you, in case you were diggin it and wanted to put it on something of your own. Find the pdf here. You can also find it on The Patterns link of my ReannaLily Designs website. The flower fits in a 6" x 6" square. I do think you can use the "scaling" feature on your printer to make the flower any size you want, though.

Now, I've got this great linen napkin with a smokin black line flower on it... I was absolutely inspired to make a bag similar to the one on Sew Mama Sew- its a tutorial by Jennifer Ladd. Mine is constructed differently and has different handles, but the shape is the same so I thought I'd mention it.

Hum... that's mostly me and my fence. Here's a better one. What can I say, its a small clutch.

I didn't put any pockets in this recycled wonder. I figure, its a clutch. Grab it, throw the keys, wallet and cell in there and you probably don't need any extra pockets. I did use a magnet clasp closure though. I think I might be turning into a magnet clasp junkie! I suppose there are worse kinds of junkies, right? The bag is lined with mottled yellow fabric and uses sew-in, crazy-stiff interfacing. (found the interfacing in the Wal*Mart remnant bin!) It holds the shape quite nicely.

So that's all the news worth shouting today. Enjoy. ~jen~

If you make it, feel free to share it in the ReannaLily Designs Flickr pool.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen you are an artiste!! I really am impressed. -Wen in abq