Sunday, June 21, 2009

Where was I???

Boy, its been a week or so since my last post. Sorry about that. I went on a little road trip with my family up to Dayton Ohio. Its a two day drive from my place up to Dayton, but when the hubby's work is paying for the hotel and my super great friend lives there... I might was well tag along, right??

We did all sorts of stuff there- but I won't bore you with the details. What I will tell you is that my friend an I arranged her bookshelf. (Stick with me, it isn't boring, its artsy-)

We sorted the books by the color wheel and we even have a warm shelf and a cool shelf. I just love it. I need to do this to my own books. Oh, by the way, these are all her quilt and sewing books.


Then, among other places, we went to the rockin A.W.E.S.O.M.E Fabric Shack in Waynesville Ohio. I'm guessing you already know about The Fabric Shack. It is absolutely HUGE. They've got a whole room of clearance fabrics. They have more fabric than I've ever seen. I might have left with over 7 yards of super fun great prints from all sorts of manufacturers.



And the highlight- THE FABRIC SHACK carries Seamingly Accurate! It was right there behind the check out counter on the notions wall. I was hoppin' up and down excited to see it. My friend snapped a picture and I'll add it to this post when I can get that from her. (updated & added below!) Thank you Fabric Shack!!!



Of course, Dayton has some amazing thrift stores, and I got the haul there too. I'll have to post a whole seperate bit on that.

I had plenty of time to fill up the sketch book and write out many to-do lists. I'll be back to "workin" soon. I hope you had a great week!!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: