Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pittsburgh PA

Can I tell you how much I love the city?! We stayed in the DoubleTree hotel (not pictured), about 6 blocks from the convention center. I got to walk in the crisp city air every morning and night with the Quiltwoman team. Those ladies are a hoot and super fun to work with. The sky scrapers were incredibly towering. I grew up in Houston- but I lived in a suburb and I didn't go into downtown every day, or anything like that. I currently live in the land of all things flat & farmed- so this was a huge treat. Here's the view from my hotel room:

And let me show you a quick shot from the convention center:

Here's another reason to love Pittsburgh. French fries. Not just french fries, but french fries served standard on a SALAD! Oh yes, that's a great idea!

The abundance of pizza joints and coffee shops didn't hurt either. I had the best time in the city even though, for the most part, I saw my hotel and the convnetion hall. You can see a couple more city pictures here. ~jen~
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Fries on top of salad is a gift from God. Nuff said! I think I should start adding them to mine from now on. heehee
Off to look at all of your pictures and drool over fabric and patterns.
dawn

Leigh said...

I have never seen fries on salad! It looks like you had a great time!