Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Testers, The Swap, & The Wallet


I'd be no where without pattern testers, so thank you so much guys for taking the time out to be the first to make one of my patterns- and thank you for gently phrasing the corrections. =) Here's one tester quilt from my Baby's Boxes pattern, set to release next week. (Just waiting for a bit more feedback, to be sure.) The pattern calls for pinks & blues, but this sample, below, uses blues & greens instead. The fabrics are 30's reproduction fabrics. Its very scrappy & much more vibrant in person.
And in block swap news- I received 2 more sets of blocks yesterday from Rachel & Ginny. Thank you ladies! Remember the official day to have your blocks in the mail is MARCH 23rd. Please, hop on that sewing machine and knock out the 9 (or 18) you signed up for.


I've also been meaning to show you this little wallet. I designed the wallet & construction method myself and I'm working on drafting a mini-pattern for it. The first one of its kind was made in uniform fabric and sent to my friend in Virginia. This new one is a flashy black and white number:

I feel like I have about 37 irons in the proverbial fire, so the wallet mini-pattern is a back-burner project... but I do think it will happen. Do are you diggin' the green button?

Ok, enough for my post-of-all-over-the-place. Just a big thanks to the testers & the swappers and the readers. Where would blogging be without readers? It'd be a plain ole diary. =) Have a great afternoon. ~jen~
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Carlotta said...

Love the wallet Jen.