Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My YUMMY Quilt Top


Ok, this quilt top is part of my super big secret project I'm working on. Keep your fingers crossed that it turns out well. But for now, I just have to show you this part of the quilt top. The fabrics are Sugar Snap by Melissa Averinos. Turns out Free Spirit Fabrics doesn't sell cut pieces, (pre cut bundles or 2.5" rolls or 10" squares) as far as I can tell, so I had to buy my assortment of Sugar Snap online- via ETSY and PinkPolkaDotStudio. Her shipping was crazy fast, so I already have the fat quarters chopped up and assembled with the other fabric in my quilt- from the US Gov't. Specifically, from Sandy's husband. Thanks for the uniform donation, Sandy!!

Oh and the design is loosely based on that one I tried in EQ6. I have to tell you, I did end up drawing it with pencil and paper though. Stinkin' learning curve. Well- its not the curve so much as its my impatience and stubbornness. =)

If you haven't tried Sugar Snap yet, you should buy yourself some. The colors are so bright and fun. ~jen~
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Becky said...

That is a FANASTIC quilt top! I'm glad you got your fabric too. I know you had been wanting to get some. I can't wait to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

Mariela would love this quilt! It's beautiful.