Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quilting Style- McTavishing

Its not quite McTavishing... but its close. I need WAY more practice for it to really look like McTavishing.

I used verigated grey-smoke-white thread to give my first ever McTavish-inspired quilting a try. I got stuck in parts and have some pretty un-evenly spaced curves. All in all though, I think it turned out pretty cool.

Who knows what I'm going to do with a quilted 12" white + orange wave square, but we'll cross that bridge later.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I think it looks pretty cool too. Free motion quilting is definitely something that needs a lot of practice. I haven't yet tried McTavishing but it’s on my list. Just keep at it and before you know it, you'll be as good as Karen.

pamela said...

It looks really cool..Someday I will take a class on free motion quilting.