Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quilted Pattern- Free Motion Swirls

With those quilting supplies from yesterday, I've decided to try out another free-motion quilting motif.

SWIRLS

The quilt itself is Teddy Bear Circles, RD2-021. I've shown you the top before, in this post. The fabric is flannel by Northcott. In fact, the top AND back are flannel. I used a very dense polyester batting between the layers. I do think that this quilt is now warm enough for our friends climbing Mt Everest, with tog ratings through the roof, I'm sure.

The slick fuzzy flannel surface and sheer weight of the three layers made the swirls a bit "clunky" as I quilted around on my home machine. I do really like the quilting design, though, and I might have better luck with getting a smoother look with (1) grip gloves and (2) a lighter quilt.

But for now, my quilty-quilt is quilted. Its bound and its ready to take around and show at Quilt Shops to promote the pattern. Whoooh-

What's next?
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm lovin' that swirling movement given by the quilting... it looks great and complements the pattern well.

Sherry said...

You did a great job I even enlarged it 3 times and it looks great Good job done.

pamela said...

Very pretty!!!