Wednesday, August 12, 2009

An improv block


Back in March I tried my first ever Improv Blocks. I really like how they turned out and they definitely use up scraps. Among other things on my to-do list, working down my heap of color-sorted scraps is something that needs to be knocked out. I have all the scraps sorted by color into {large} Ziploc baggies and all the Ziploc in a Rubbermaid. The bags floweth over. -I'll have to take pictures sometime and show you.-

I made another improv block out of some very traditional looking fabrics. I like the juxtaposition of the modern style block with the traditional fabric prints and subtle colors. Its not quilted yet and turned out to be right at 13 1/2" square. The pink/peachy colors are Art Gallery Fabrics, the green is In The Beginning Fabrics and I'm not sure about the two tone-on-tone whites.

Its super fun to do.

And now, back to that to-do list. Where's my sharpie marker- I feel some serious productivity comin' on!

~Jen~
ps- School went great for my little trio. The house is definitely more quiet.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Very cool block! Did you draw that out?