Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sewing by Hand


The water soluble pen is kinda hard to see in the photo, but looks fine in person.

I wanted to get some hand-sewing projects ready in case I have some extra time on my hands. (HAHAHA!) But seriously, I've got this grand idea to have flowers, embroidered in a rainbow of colors, to be used as the corner stones in my Rainbow Quilt Sampler top. Yes, the swap ended months ago and I still haven't assembled my sections yet. I think I cut up 42 or so 7" white squares and spent yesterday leisurely marking them all. The flower design can be downloaded in a pdf form here. Or you can find it at www.reannalilydesigns.com click on the patterns link and scroll down. Lets see how many I get finished!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

I love to sew by hand. It's nice to have something to do while the family watches tv at night. I've never quilted a quilt by hand though...there is a whole cloth quilt I've had my eye on for awhile. I may give it a try.
You've inspired me!!! :)
dawn

Shelly said...

Jen, you're ambitious I have to say. I can't imagine sitting and hand sewing enough squares to finish up the rainbow quilt. (Oh yeah, I did finally get all my squares. They're so awesome.) I, too, have not finished putting my squares together (or even started) as we've spent since May 12 packing, moving, unpacking, painting, changing things, moving furniture around, changing our mind and starting over! I may never get back to being able to do them!
Shelly