Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Was she serious???


Yes I was! Oh holy smokes. A while back I posted this fashion plate over on my flickr site. I cannot remember if I posted it here or not.

Let me tell you- I don't quite look like that. Photoshop doesn't have an "add 40lbs" filter on it, that I know of. =) And I didn't want to draw a hearty girl, if you know what I mean.

Anywhoo- I'm heading the the IQA Market in two days and I'm getting all my proverbial ducks in a row. I'm going to Houston with the express purpose to sell Seamingly Accurate and gain some attention for the product.

:: Now would be a good time to mention, many moons ago, I was the High School Mascot. And I'm all about some attention! ::

I was toying around with that fashion plate thinking... "You know- this could work." ~~with tennis shoes. From a distance, the skirt looks like innovative pinstrips. Up close, its a total conversation piece.

My next question was how to get the fabric...


I searched locally to find that one of the screen printers could accommodate my request/needs. (Thank you TanRae Printers!) One catch though- I had to print in panels measuring 13" x 19" and be predominantly polyesther. So basically, I had to make my design out of pieces smaller than a quilter's fat quarter. Woah. Talk about Project Runway challenge! hee hee.

I had to arrange the design slightly different than the illustration. I don't have a finished picture of it on me, yet. You'll just have to wait 'til the "After IQA Posts" to see it. So if you are heading to market- Look for me. I'll be in a red shirt and a Seamingly Subtle skirt. See ya soon! ~jen~
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I cannot wait to hear what people say about your very cool skirt! Very creative!!!

My Thanh said...

What a great idea. I'm sure you'll be a big hit!