Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby's Boxes Finished!


Super happy to report that this Baby's Boxes quilt pattern is small enough to quilt on a home machine, with good results AND small enough to do it in a timely fashion.

I forgot to share this picture with you in my last construction/assistants post- Its a shot taken by my 7yo, who really enjoys photography. I don't know a ton about photography, but I understand some stuff. So I'm telling him how to get the foreground crisp and the background blurry... Depth of Field 101. I instructed him to lay on the floor, because the best shots are not always standing up pointing at something. He was so excited to get this:


Of course getting a good shot of anything, for me, seems hit-or-miss. In fact, I had the finished quilt draped over the back of my couch and I heard all this giggling...

The youngest was floored when I found him. This was the result of me saying "stay down so I can just snap the quilt, real quick." Well... really, they DID help make it and probably should have their own photo, right?


Now, I'm off to take the pair of quilts to the quilt shop. I do think the quilts look lovely together, all the fabric is by Jackie Clark for Benartex.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: