Friday, April 23, 2010

The Cube Purse is Going To Market!


Can I tell you how much I love The Cube Purse? Its been a great little bag and an even better pattern.

The pattern was picked up for national publication and distribution by QuiltWoman.com a couple months back... since then it was picked up for distribution by United Notions. Both companies have big booths at the trade shows, International Quilt Market in Houston and the Market in the spring, this year its Minneapolis.


I offered to make a bag for United Notions booth, and they sent me the fabric of their choice. Can I tell you how totally stoked + floored + freaked out when I saw the NEW Kate Spain, Fandango, in my mailbox?!?! Oh man. Its beautiful stuff. Nice bold chunky shapes, but still with a painterly quality. And that Moda Fabric is so soft. *sigh*

So I'm posting today to let you know- if you are going to Market this spring- be on the look out for a bag similar to this one, above, in the United Notions booth. One layer cake makes about 2-3 Cube Purse bags (depending on if you mix in military uniforms or not.)

Exciting times over here at the studio. I cannot wait to show you my other sneak peek pictures from my other market projects.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Crafty Girl Creations said...

How exciting for you! and I bet it looks amazing in Kate Spains Fandango!!

I love this bag!!

http://craftyirlcreations.blogspot.com/

Leigh said...

YEAH! So proud of you!