Friday, March 26, 2010

Teddy Bear Circles :: NEW Quilt Pattern

There's two new patterns on the horizon! I thought I'd share one of them with you. The pattern is for a child size quilt and is designed to compliment A Teddy Bear for All Seasons by Ro Gregg; one of the new fabric lines by Northcott fabrics.


The pattern is called Teddy Bear Circles and is based on a collection of 10" squares (layer cake) or assorted quilter's fat quarters (18" x 22"). The cover sample is made using the fat quarters. The circles can be hand/machine or fusible appliqued onto this 15'' block. My tester has made this pattern a couple times. The first time was using a Moda layer cake, since the Teddy Bear For All Seasons fabric isn't quite available yet.

Very scrappy and "mish mashy," which is excellent! Those layer cakes sure have many prints in there, don't they? My tester then made the quilt again 4 times and joined those 4 tops to make one huge bedsize quilt. I don't have a finished picture of that one yet, but I cannot wait to see it.

This pattern will be distributed by QuiltWoman.com and is set to release at spring market in Minneapolis. Stay tuned for more preview patterns!

Edited to add- I think this pattern will look amazing in cotton solids. I'm going to have to put that on my to-do list.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: