Monday, March 22, 2010

Quilt Guild


Y'all, guess what I did? I joined the KC Modern Quilt guild! I love the shop, Harper's, which hosts the meetings and I do follow many blogs that have mentioned the Modern Quilt Guild (with a surprising amount of blog ladies in the KC guild) - so I jumped in an joined. The website is wonderful with a whole forum of Q&A and links and a gallery- very inspirational. So far, I love it...

The Modern Quilt Guild

Only one problem- I live in Wichita, about 2 1/2 hours from KC. I suppose it will all work out and maybe on a 3-day weekend, I can drive up for one of the guild meetings. I've got big plans. Now, do you think I can convince the hubbs to either take off work, or build in a mini vacation around a quilt guild meeting??? Yeh- I'm serious about my quilting. =)

Maybe some of us outta-towners can get together and start a Wichita chapter. ...'til then though- viva KC!
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

the Campfollower said...

Ok, so this totally answers my flickr question to you! LOL. YOu should come up, the guild is totally awesome. I have been a member of several other ones and this one is so friendly and welcoming. SO much positive energy! Let me know if you come up I would love to meet you in real life!