Friday, January 23, 2009

Quilts for Charity

As it turns out, there is no local Project Linus chapter in my area. In fact, after asking my guild, they said that they've not found too many places to drop off charity quilts- in the immediate driving area.

I was researching where I might be able to mail my quilted donations and - Thanks to the blog, though, I was contacted by the people at Kidz Quiltz.

"Kidz Quiltz pledges to provide quilts to children around the world who are in need due to circumstances beyond their control. We believe every child should have his or her own quilt. Due to poverty and natural disasters, children world-wide are left to face the elements on a daily basis. We have made it our goal to help them stay warm and to show them we care by wrapping them in quilts." -from their About Me section

They have the mailing address listed on their site and it truly looks like a good place to start sharing some of the quilts from the studio.

I just thought I'd share the info I've found.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shared info. I'll have to check them out. Where in the world are you located now?
Barb

Shelly said...

Thanks for the information. Like Barb, I can't imagine being somewhere that NO ONE would take the quilt(s). Battered women's shelters always except things like that around here. The different churches and rescue missions, places for the homeless, Salvation Army, etc. are more than willing to take donations that they can give to children--especially somehting like a quilt in the winter.
~Shelly~